http://www.blogger.com/app/post.pyra?blogID=8618724 Make a New Post

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Twowaymonologues.com is ready

My friends am I in an excellent mood this morning or what? I just stumbled out of bed at 11:15 and like I have every morning for the last month or so I checked my website immediately. But what do I find? I find that the prototype page isn't functional anymore. Which normally would piss me off except for I realized what that meant the NEW site is up!

Now don't get me wrong. The site is not entirely done, the best of section and the other section are still in development. We are going to eventually add a bad ass search function for all of you. And hot links to more of the recent reviews than what you currently see on the page. However, it is damn good enough for now!

So finally today, December 1st we have the site up and functional. What is new about it? Well for one we have everything nicely archived by letter. We also have seperate archives for all the different features. We have an interviews section of which our first interview is with Canadian hip-hop artist K'naan, and we have two more coming up with Martin Tielli (mostly known from Rheostatics), and a new Canadian act Raised By Swans. The comment feature is different now, so if you click a new review and you want to comment just scroll down click comment and it will bring you to the official twowaymonologues.com forums.

Now, let me take some time to thank the people who made this possible. Firstly, Cameron Tomsett. Cam is the artist behind all of the design and everything you see about the site that makes it look stylish. Many nights Cam stayed up very late working on stuff, and then thinking he was done only to have to go back and rework and change things to make it functional. I appreciate your help Cam and it would appear I am debt to you in some way shape or form.

Secondly, Chris mother fucking Richard. The dude found the time get this site up for me while he is working crazy days in Seattle at Microsoft. And I appreciate it. Chris is the technical side of things. He is the one who made Cam's design work, and without him our site would not have been anywhere near as advanced and as stylish as it turned out. I gave you a hard time, but you have no idea how thankful I am for the help.

So, the ribbon is cut bitches:) Enjoy. I'll keep posting here for a while but soon this thing is going to collect dust. Thanks blogger, you did me well.

Cheers,

Dan and the TWM Staff.

4 Comments:

At December 1, 2005 at 11:56 AM, Anonymous terri said...

Yay!

It looks awesome, no? Chris and Cam are both geniuses of a different sort. I'll throw in a little link (http://www.tomsett.com/) to Cam's webpage as a preliminary payback.

 
At December 1, 2005 at 12:47 PM, Anonymous Steve said...

So sweet!

Looks awesome.

 
At December 1, 2005 at 10:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll miss the blog but looking forward to new things.

 
At December 3, 2005 at 10:19 PM, Blogger Alec Bunbury said...

Congrats guys!
It's awesome and will ensure that your "real" reviews are more easily distributed. You guys are great and keep up the good work!

Alec Bunbury

 

Post a Comment

<< Home